Tuesday, February 24, 2009

THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN : AUTOMATIC (Blanco y Negro, 1989)


SUCK MY DICK

Early fall 2005 and I'm driving down 6th street during the day. This song comes on FNX's Leftover Lunch and I've heard it before. I almost sing along as it's all on the tip of my tongue but not close enough. It bothers me, and it stays with me.

"Can't stand up! I can't cool down! I can't get my head off this ground!"

A few weeks later I'm at work at Brew'd and I'm looking through Andy's CDs; there's "Automatic" and I know somehow that it's the one. Of course I'm correct; I listen to it all day.

Later at night, I pick you up from Ill Salt and I'm jonesing. As you connect your iPod I ask, "You got any Jesus And Mary Chain?"

"No," you say. And laugh.

some things are so hard to say even though you'd say them everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment